On the evening of October 21st, a group of friends will gather to learn about Martin Gardner, explore some of his favorite puzzles, and share a few of their own favorites.
Before the Event:
- Please read the introductions to Martin Gardner here: http://www.gathering4gardner.org/who-was-martin-gardner/
- And here: https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/profile-of-martin-gardner/
Bring to the Event:
- Your favorite puzzle, brainteaser, optical illusion, magic trick, or even clever word play. Anything Martin Gardner might have enjoyed.
- Optional – A dish, snack or dessert item to share. Bonus points for science/math themed (ex. Pi Pie)
- Eat dinner!
- Discuss Martin Gardner and his impact on the fields of: recreational mathematics, magic, skepticism, and science.
- Try out Gardner-esque puzzles and activities (provided and led by Katie LaSeur).
- Show & Tell: Share your favorite puzzle, brainteaser, etc. with the group.
RSVP to Katie LaSeur: firstname.lastname@example.org
913 Sam Friend Rd, Accident, MD 21520