Come celebrate math with puzzles, games, magic, stories, and more!
Kids ages 8 and up, and grown-ups who are kids at heart, will enjoy this afternoon filled with hands-on math activities. This year’s event takes place during Global Math Week!
The event honors the life and work of Martin Gardner, former Scientific American columnist who inspired a generation of mathematicians and recreational math enthusiasts. In the spirit of Martin Gardner’s love of Alice in Wonderland and with Halloween around the corner, come “down the rabbit hole” and explore with us!
This event is free and open to the public!
Questions? Contact Jennifer Murawski at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration is requested, but not required. Click link below to register:
Special guests and presenters include:
- Magician, Mark Mitton
- Exploding Dots expert Dr. James Tanton, Global Math Week (ExplodingDots.org)
- The Elwyn and Jennifer Berklekamp Foundation
- Dr. Carlo Sequin (University of California, Berkeley)
- Artist, Stacy Speyer (cubesandthings.net)
- The California Math Festival Program
- And more!